Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Writing Process

My writing process is very important to me.  There are things that I enjoy writing about and then things that I don't enjoy writing about.  Mainly, I like to write about my life as well as things that are going on at Creighton while I am going to school here.  There are a lot of things that go on at campus that are worth writing about, some things better than other.  Another thing that I like to write is poetry and I really do like when people give me feedback on what I have written.  Sometimes you just have to look at certain things in the world and write about them in a different thought process, like writing about a subject from a different point of view. 

There aren't very many things that I don't like to write about.  I just like to get the word out about what is important to the people in my community as well as the people that read my blog.  I enjoy reading all kinds of publications.  My favorite thing to read is books, the best thing about them is that the author has so many opportunities to give descriptions and use any kind of wording that they want to.  I want to be able to start reading more blogs written by other people.  I don't really know what kind of blogs I want to read but I will figure it out. 

I like my writing for the most part, but there is always room for improvement.  I think that I need to work on my style of writing as well as working on shortening sentences.  I have a tendency to making the majority of my sentences into run-on sentences.

There are a lot of things that I like about the reporting process.  My favorite thing is that the reporters get to be in the mix of things.  They get to be there when history is made; it would be the greatest feeling in the world.  I also like that the reporters get to have their own style of writing while keeping in mind the morals and ethics of reporting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment