Monday, August 9, 2010

Updated Life

I know it has been a super long time since I was last on here, but I was talking to a guy a couple weeks ago and he told me that I should get back into writing on my blog....so here I am :)

There has been a lot of stuff that has happened to me over the last year or so, I was doing better in school...my gf and I are almost up to our one year anniversary which is always a plus and I am figuring out what I want to do for the rest of my life. It feels good to be able to be happy with your life and with what you want to do with everything. This summer has taught me a lot about patience and trust and finding out who your real friends are. It was been for the most part a good summer for me.

I am looking forward to this upcoming year which will be my senior year in college. I think about my last three years that I have completed and just think that there are things that I wish I wouldn't have done but then again I think that everyone has that feeling at some point while they are in college. It is a learning experience that I think everyone should go through even if its only for a couple of years. I have met some of the greatest people while in college and I plan to keep in touch with the ones that have been there for me through thick and thin. College is the place where you find those certain people that you want to be in your wedding down the road, they are that important to you. You guys know who you are, and I just want to thank you for being awesome.

My senior year should be a good learning experience, not only with people but also for the things that I plan on being apart of. I feel like recently I have figured out that I need to get more invloved with organizations on campus, I think that its better to have figured this out now and start late than figure it out farther down the road and have it be too late. I also want to be able to take part in an internship the summer after I graduate, my ideal intership to take part in would be in Washington D.C. or any big city. I want to get the feel of what big time journalists do, even if I don't start out as being a writer. I like the big city feel, it seems to fit me the best.

Well that's all for now, I will be back on here tomorrow.

Here's one of my favorite quotes that make you think:

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning."

-Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment